Friday, 5 June 2015

Wallis -3: Fiesch (once more...)

As there is a set of scales at the cable car station in Fiesch I took the opportunity to measure my total flying weight: 141.5kgs - perfectly within the range of my AD Rise 2, which goes to 145kg.
The fcst (as well as all the people I have spoken to this morning) said that overdevellopement would be a problem today, even more than yesterday. Luckily everybody was proven wrong and it turned out a magnificient flying day!
I was airborne before 1100 (a first for me) and started heading East. I didn't reach the Sidelhorn today, as I made a mistake, which took me quite a while to correct before being able to climb to cloudbase again.


launch....
crossing to Bellwald: Fiescherglacier (left); Bellwald (under cloud); Goms (right)


just nicely develloped CU's...
Aletsch glacier (left); Eggishorn (center, below cloud)


near Riederalp
Therafter it was pretty easy: just cruising along at cloudbase :-))

As the shortest way home (Furkapass - Andermatt - Brunnen) was closed due to a rockslide between Andermatt and Göschenen, I drove via Grimselpass.


Grimselpass







1 comment:

Andy said...

Nice one Taggi..congrats for a beautiful flight!