Friday, 14 August 2026

Scuol 12./ 13.8.2026 Motta Naluns / 14.8.26 back home via Lai da Palpuogna (Albula Pass)


Wed (12.8.): I've had a very lousy night, therefore there has been no great 'desire' for flying :-((  I landed already after 42min on the landing to the east side of Scuol. Let's see what happens tomorrow...

Thur (13.8.): for once a very good (forward) launch and could climb to > 3100m. After about 10 or 15min I saw that the “maneuver lines” got so ‘tangled’ with the 'ball' and the A-line that I couldn't “untangle” them with just one hand (and I couldn't reach that far with my left hand) (> see picture). That's why I decided to land...


I still can't figure out when or how that could have happened. Let's see if Michael has any ideas.

LZ 'East'
I used again to land on the east side of Scuol, as the official landing site was strongly affected by thermals...

Fri (14.8.) After another lousy night I decided not to fly. On my way back home I did a little sightseeing:  -La Punt-Albulapass-Lai da Palpuogna-Thusis-

Lai da Palpuogna (looking SE)
looking W
looking South



Wednesday, 5 August 2026

iCamp Levico 5.8.2026 - Bassano_Tapetti (NOT Lake Garda/ Mte Grappa/ SIV)

Today was planned to go to Lake Garda/ Monte Baldo/ SiKu/ SIV, but I didn't join: I didn't fell like going to Malcesine. Instead I Went to Bassano for a nice (1.5hr) flight. With a temperature of >38degrees at the landing at Garden Relais, I didnt't feel like for a second flight.

looking N
looking E
Panettone Cima Grappa


iCamp-Levico Terme 4.8.26 - Levico_Vetriolo

Only 2 short flights in the morning; in the afternoon simply too hot to fly...

TO- and Ldg-training with some Wingovers and spirals: 2 good launches, as well as the first landing; the second like an 'Albatros' :-) Later in the afternoon some theorie, especially 'tricky' landings.

LZ Barca

Monday, 3 August 2026

iCamp-Levico Terme 2.8.26 - Feltre / 3.8. Vetriolo

1.8. (Sat) I've driven as usual via 'Flüela Pass - Ofenpass - Münstertal - Merano - Bolzano - Trento'; until reaching Italy the traffic has been very easy, afterwards it became slow due to heavy traffic: I lost about 1 hour after leaving Switzerland... No flight in the afternoon due to wx (CBs)

2.8. (Sun) Feltre/ Monte Avena has been selected. I made a (short) flight in the late morning: thermal conditions still too week. 

        East launch on Monte Avena
            East launch on Monte Avena
        LZ
Some did some groundhandling on the east launch when we came back up again, but for me it has been still too warm...


As the wind shifted, we moved to the south launch, a bit further up, But I didn't fly due to the unsteady S-wind and a big CB has been growing to the north,

        Michael toplanding

3.8. (Mon) We remaind at Levico for launching at Vetriolo. It took quite a while before thermals became well established and I launched as one of the last at 1310 - due to lots of pilots and I wanted to have my time and also enough space for preparing my launch. I scratched around for almost 30mins around 1200m (several times thinking to quite and go for landing...) before I finally found good thermals; but then I got up to 2900m :-) I landed after 1.25hrs on the LZ.

LZ
I didn't go for a second launch as it has been way to 'warm' for me for packing ny gear a second time ad waiting for the bus. I have been the only one to eat dinner at 1900, the rest started only after 2015...

PS: luckily I didn't fly a second flight as the conditions have not been 'nice': thermals everywhere and strong winds in the valley: Peter asked the pilots not to land for the next 1.5hr: gusts >= 43kmh at the LZ...