Thursday, 16 March 2017

Arosa at its best

For the last days I stayed in Arosa enjoying the excellent flying conditions. All 3 days permitted good flights with a max altitude of 3380m as well as excellent visibility :-))
This is the time of the year (from end of Febuary until the gondola up to the Weisshorn closes at the end of the winter season) when Arosa normally offers the the best conditions: (mostly) easy take-offs in almost every direction, abundant thermals, high ceilings, easy landing... Even XC is possible.

Of course I was not alone: many fellow pilots came to fly here as well.
A special highlight for me: my friend Oli had 2 days off and came to visit and fly with me.

Erich
Marlies

Looking South on WED: Palü, Bernina, Rosegg
Looking South on THUR: Palü, Bernina, Rosegg



 I was flying the 777 Rook2 and I'm still extremely happy with this gliders TO caracteristics, performance and agility: It's a pure joy to fly it!

Pano from 'Seta (above 'Langwies') looking towards Arosa
Meanwhile, the remains of the 'Posthotel', which had been destroyed by a fire around XMas have almost been cleared away; but I wonder how long it will take until a new project is approved and finally built. (The 'Carmenna Hotel', which had been destroyed by a fire many years ago (7?) is still not rebuilt...)

No comments: