Todays forecast for the Friuli region has not been very promising. But I could see on the webcams, that the region of Canazei had clear skies, so I choose this way to start my drive home. I knew from windy.com that there was a risk of too much wind... Beautiful drive across the mountains via Belluno, Passo Staulanza and Passo di Fedaia to Campitello.
 |
| Monte Civetta? |
 |
| Marmolada (3343m) (from Passo di Fedaia) |
Arriving the cable car for, just 2 PGs could be seen flying, but many pilots came down with the gondola :-(( But due to the excellent visibility I rode up to Col Rodella none the less just to enjoy the views.
 |
| Windsock at launch showning strong westerly wind |
But what a view! Well worth the ride - even without flying.
 |
| Sella towers, Piz Boè (3152m), Sass Pordoi (2950m) |
 |
| Marmolada (right) (3343m) |
When going down, one pilot could be seen flying: almost no penetration against the wind and it seemed to be a rather bumpy ride...
I'll stay for the night, but I'm not expecting to fly tomorrow, as there is still too much wind in the fcst.
No comments:
Post a Comment