Today I woke up to a cloudless sky. At 1100 I met PierAndrea at Salto and we drove up to the Belice launch which offered a great panorma: Mt.Viso, Torino (below the haze), ...
As soon there was a chance to stay up, PierAndrea launched; I waited another 30 minutes, hoping for some better established thermals.
By chance I launched into a good cycle, which brought me about 400m above take-off.
![]() |
| Gran Paradiso (4061m) |
Nice thermals and great views! I never got really above 1600m and flew for about 1.5hrs, then my fingers slowly got cold... Contrary to PierAndrea who flew for more than 4hrs and could climb to 2300m - but what else would you expect from a pilot with probably more than 25'000hrs (HG and PG) - many of them around here. That's more than 10 times more artime than I have on PGs and about twice what I have if I add all my flying hours...




No comments:
Post a Comment