Tuesday, 19 October 2021

Scheidegg / Marocco

 After a short sledder on Alp Scheidegg on Friday...

...I started preparing/ packing for my trip to Marocco, starting on Monday.

Danny's (Basisrausch.ch) plan is to fly there for 2 weeks with a small group - guide (Danny), driver (Khalla) and only 4 pilots - going wherever the conditions look most promising. They'll be returning on 1.11., but I'll stay another 4 days during which Khalla will show me a bit of the 'non-touristy' Marocco.

Presently the wx fcst looks good; especially the temperatures at Marrakesh are forecasted to be > 30°C during the day/ about 16°C during the night; along the coast (Agadir) temperatures should be above 20°C  ;-)) But we'll also go to sites more in the Atlas mountains. This makes preparing a bit tricky, as the temperature range which we'll encounter is quite large: cold in the mountains during the night (> sleeping bag!), hot arround Marrakesh...

Sunday evening I dropped off my baggage at the airport in Zurich, so on Monday I only had to carry hand luggage for my Edelweiss flight ZRH-RAK.

Besides Danny and Khalla I don't think I know any of the other 3 pilots...

...later it turned out that with Ueli I've been in Colombia (2018); Götz and Günther I hadn't met before.

departing Zurich



Due to strong tail winds the flight arrived in RAK in less than 3 hours. At the airport Khalla (our driver) was waiting and drove our small group to 'Riad Dalia' a small, but very typical Riad in the Medina (= historical city center).

views from the terrace of our Riad

Pastilla

For dinner Danny had preordered a special dish called 'Pastilla': chicken, almonds and ??? backed in a Filo pastry; a very nice combination of 'sweet and sour'.

Besides the excellent food here at Riad Dalia, the WiFi is also pretty fast :-)

No comments: