Thursday, 16 June 2022

Chamonix - Passy (Plaine Joux)

 

Waking up to a beautiful morning :-)  My first day here in Chamonix this year and also the first flight since the problems with my left knee had stopped me flying more than a month ago.

Vincent had suggested we'd go to Passy (Plaine Joux), as the NW-wind's influence might make flying in Chamonix difficult. I had feared that such a low TO like Plaine Joux wouldn't work with these high temperatures, but luckily there has been enough instability to produce nice thermals.

Plaine Joux

The TO here is in excellent condition: a wide space covered with artificial lawn - and it's also toplandable. I had some problems getting high: it has taken me nearly an hour until I finally have found the 'elevator' to cloud base; but the views made up for all the scratching :-)

Chaine des Aravis
Vincent
Mont Blanc (Vincent)

Landing after a bit more than 2 hours - and no problems at all with my knee :-)) I really hope it will remain like this!


Vincent had invited me for dinner (Indien), the sunset was an additional bonus ;-)

Webcam on Aiguille du Midi 17.6.22 at 2110

Webcam on Aiguille du Midi 17.6.22 at 2240


No comments: