Sunday, 9 November 2025

Autumn in Bassano: Sat, Sun

 After having been unable to fly since late September; I have decided to go to Bassano for about 8 days.

I arrived in Semonzo Friday late evening after a 6.5hrs drive via Vereina-Ofenpass-Münstertal-Vinschgau-Meran-Bolzano-Trento-Levico. Apart from loosing about 15 in Wetzikon (right at the beginning of the drive) everything went smoothly; I have even been able to catch the train in Selfranga (Vereina) with just 5' to spare ;-) I'm staying at 'Garden Relais'; the first 2 days I',m 'on my own', On Sunday kate afternoon Peter and his group from Flatland Paragliding will be arriving and I'll join them until next Friday.

Sat, 8.11. a nice flight here in Bassano, taking off from Tapetti and flying for 1.25hrs. Good thermals (strong at times), but COLD :-(


Sun (9.11.) As next week, we're flying mostly here in Bassano; I have asked Marco to join me for the day and we went 'exploring' Col Visentin, a site near Revine. We met at 1000 at the LZ of Revine, about a 1hr drive from Garden Relais. Here we met 2 Swiss guys and we took them along. Unfortunately the launches at Col Visentin cannot be reached by car: It's approx 3km + a 350m climb from where you have to park the car. The 2 Swiss pilots decided to hike to launch. Marco then took me to the Revine launch, where already some pilots have been waiting for the tailwind to die...

M  Marco helping me setting up
'Pano' over launch from East to NW: Alpi Bellunesi
This is the first time that I have taken along the Insta360 Go ultra. 
The setup during flight needs to be improved...
    over LZ - looking NE: Revine Lago
     LZ

Finally the wind changed and after some more waiting I also manage to launch: real nice conditions with good, smooth thermals up to 1570m; Last time (in September) zhe inversion had been much lower and the thermals not so 'nice'. Landing after about 1.2hrs.



No comments: