Thursday, 9 April 2026

Arosa 7./ 8.4.: first flight after CO and with my new LeelooX (XL)

...first flight since 2.2. in CO (Chicamocha)... Meanwhile my glider also had been repaired - the damage happened when Michael has been testflying this wing in Bassano and had been hit by a hangglider as he was about to land...

                                      
                                                                                     pix by Oli
                                                                                  Medergen
                                                      looking South: Bernina group

So what shall I tell you? I'm very happy to be 'back to normal': finding my words (more or less) again, I'm able (and allowed) to drive and of course able to fly again.

Oli spent these 2 days with me and helped me setting up, checking that I didn't make any mistakes for launching. I could make 3 flights: 3 good launches, nice thermal flights (a bit bumpy at times) to about 3050m and nice launches. Actually, 1 excellent launch and another very good landing :-))
It has been also a pleasury meeting some of my paragliding friends on the second day.

Rmk: I'm most happy of my LeelooX; of all the wings I have flown during the last 38 years, this wing I like most and he gives me the most feeling of safety. (120 flights now flown with several LeelooX-wings.) Many thanks to Michael for designing this wing and especially in XL for me.

No comments: