 |
| Gioia dei Marsi |
Tue (15.9.): I arrived late in Gioia dei Marsi after 8.5hrs from Alba (in Piemont), where I had visited several friends the day before.
Wed (16.9.). With my firends Petra&Holger we tried to fly Gioia dei Marsi - but I didn't fly. We reached the launch with my car; unfortunately a car tire got punctured on the side. Luckily I had a spare tire and Holger changed it with a bit of my help ;-)
Thur/ Fri (17./18.9.) We could make nice flights in Gioia dei Marsi with toplandings. Windwise this have been the 'easiest days.
 |
| Gioa dei Marsi: our hotel: Fillipone and LZ |
Later on Fri, when the wind became also too strong at Gioia, we tried a hill near Avezzano, but also there too much wind now... (and an extremely bad 'road' to launch).
 |
| Avezzano |
Sat (19.9.) First they flew in San Donato, but the access and launch have been rather steep for me, so I didn't fly. Later we changed to Cassino, but I didn't fly there as well :-(
 |
| San Donato |
 |
| Cassino |
Sun (20.9.) Once more at Cassino, this time also flying for me ;-)
Mon (21.9.) First we flew at Gagliano (without me); later (with me) at Rocca Calascio.
 |
| Gagliano |
 |
| Gagliano -L |
 |
| Rocca Calascio (looking SE) |
Tue (22.9.) too windy; we looked for several sites (Scafa, Raiana), but no flying.
 |
| Scafa-L (but Robert didn't fly in the end...) |
 |
| Raiana -S (looking East) |
 |
| driving back to Gioia dei Marsi |
Wed (23.9.) Once more too windy at the beginning and we went to Campo Imperatore for sightseeing.
Later the wind decreased a little and we headed for Rocca Calascio.
For launching, it still would have been too strong for me, but Michael 'persuaded' me to 'get launched' by him and Hans: a very interesting experience. I 'only' had to stand there in a fwd position with the brakes holding high. Then each handeld a site of the wing until it has been perfectly above me and then I could launch... (> see start videos)
Landing has been a bit tricky, as the wind near the ground has been rather strong (about 30-35kmh), but I landed on a nice field without stones etc. Unluckily I got draged a bit after landing :-(
 |
| Camp Imperatore |
 |
| Rocca Calascio: 'beeing launched' by Michael & Hans |
 |
| Rocca Calascio (looking NW) |
Thur (24.9.) We have driven to Norma (2.5hrs), as this seemed to be the only flyable place. But when we arrived there, the site has been closed due to a forest fire and fire-fighting aircrafts. We continued driving to Rocca Secca, but the wind again didn't allow flying. A nice gelateria on the way bach to our hotel...
 |
| Rocca Secca (looking S) |
Fri (25.9.) last day. Again we looked for a flying site without too much wind, but no success (Roiana - Colle Verde). Later we headed further north towards Ancona on the Adriatic See and stopped at Puertonovo. Finally, here the wind has not been too strong; actually, when we arrived, it started to get week. At Portonovo normally one toplands, but if it is too weak, on can land along the beach and has to hike back up.... Maria and I did decide therfore not to fly. Only Michael and Igor could topland, bevor the wind stopped, the rest had to land along the beach...
 |
| Roiana (Ionella) |
 |
| Portonovo |
Sat (26.9.) Driving home via Milano-Chiasso-Lukmanier-Chur: more than 2hrs longer than anticipated: Milano, Chiasso and Gotthard have been slow going; that's why I have driven via Lukmanier-Chur: timewise not faster, but at least not stop-and-go...