Sunday, 4 October 2009

Pajute and wind

'Early' (0900) this morning we (Kari, Kim & Jay) drove up to Pajute. The forecast called for strong winds and we wanted to make at least one flight before it became unflyable. Everybody got off nicely; there were even a few thermals, but I didn't climb above 9000ft.


We then changed to Flynns, hoping that beeing it a much lower launch, we could still make a flight. Kim & Jay did so, I didn't as windspeeds were steadily increasing.
This proved to bee a good decision...


After landing we checked Bishop airport weather: wind 14 gusting 29kts! But everyone made it safely back to the ground...

This morning I had also called Ron Pecks in LAS about towing/ flying at Jean on Sunday: they had had an outstanding "full moon fly-in" on Friday evening: towing and skydiving. But he told me, the forecast for Sat avternoon and Sun called for 'stormy winds' and that therefore it wasn't worth driving over. But there is a chance I'll get to meet him next year, when he's coming over to Europe.

No comments: