
Last Saturday I was finally able to make a flight I had in mind for many years: flying "around Arosa". Details here
Even tough I was able to close the triangle, the "cherry on the cake" would have been to land again in Arosa, which due to my impatience at the end of the flight I didn't - so there is still some room for improvement.
I had planned this triangle with XCPlanner in detail and I knew that in order to make this an FAI-triangle where the last turnpoint had to be. So to be on the safe side (as there was not that much room for error), I pushed this turnpoint a little too far and then I was unable to find the last good thermal again...
On the same day people flew quite some distances/ triangles from nearby 'Fanas' and I could also have made a longer flight if I wouldn't have flown this (selfimposed) task - but after so many atttempts in doing this I'm more than happy with these 53kms :-))
1 comment:
Great !
It's very interesting for me to see your records. And it's nice that Google Earth helps me to simulate your flights on map. So, how is next.
Post a Comment