Friday, 23 April 2010

tomorrow...

For some days now "Gleitsegelwetter" is predicting good xc conditions for Saturday (23.4.). "Gleitsegelwetter" is a specialised forecast for PG (and HG), which during "high season" appears twice daily. The guy who makes it (Stephan Hörmann) does an excellent job and I hope he is right on the spot about tomorrow :-)) He'd even send out text messages if a "hammer day" is to be expected...
The only problem: as the winterseason has ended last weekend, there is only 1 (!) cable car left running (Fanas) and its capacity is only 32 persons/ hour :-((
I forgot to make an early reservation and so I'll have to wait untill 1215 before there is a space available for me. (They run at full capacity starting 0700!)
So TO will be earliest around 1300 - a little late for a really great flight, but still permitting me a theoretical 5-6 flying hours; and that's generally more than enough for me. All the 'cracks' will take off around 1000 (or earlier)'till 1100(latest) and I expect to see different 200+kms-flight in the XContest.

No comments: