Saturday, 24 March 2012

Arosa (7.3.2012) - last / final (?) flight



This is the "result" of my last PG-flight...

For reasons unknown/ unexplicable to me I entered a stable spirale dive and crashed onto the 'Obersee' with an estimated 10-20m/sec

I had to medevaced by REGA to 'Chur' (Kantonsspital) where in the following week 4 (!) emergency procedures had been necessary to fix all the broken bones, ribs and vertebraes.
Now, after > 3 weeks I'm still in the hospital, but I in a very stable state, much better than could have been expected by the initial multiple traumas...

What was broken/ damaged:
broken ribs left 2-10/ right 1
broken left arm/ leg
broken sternum (?)
broken: LWK 1-4 (instable)

I'm looking forward to Rehab and as a motivation for myself, I did not cancel/ postpone the planned houseboat trip in CDN with Ruth starting June 20th...

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Hey Taggi, shocking to read that you crashed - if such an experienced polit like you can enter a deep spiral for unknown reasons that is scary!

In Brasil I always looked up to you - if you were not climbing there was no point trying. I always thought you were living the dream: traveling the world and go flying. It makes me sad that it ended in a nightmare :-(

All the best for you and a lot of strength for your quick recovery,

Daniel

Andreas said...

Lieber Taggi

GUTE BESSERUNG, wünsche dir alles Gute nach diesem riesen Crash... beste Genesung. Toi, toi toi!!!
Viele Grüsse aus Basel
Andy mit Familie

Puiufly said...

Hello Taggi, I am very very very sorry to read this !!! I really hope that you will get well soon, please be strong ! I wish you a fast recovery and all the best for you ! Keep optimistic and keep high! best regards, Puiu