Tuesday, 2 April 2013

finally! :-)))

After more than 1 year of 'abstinence' of flying, today was finally the day of my 'maiden flight'.
Conditions on launch were perfect with just a little headwind, the thermals strong and high, the air cold ;-)

So after 1hr5mins I landed on the (snow covered) golfcourse...
The flight details can be found here.

My heartfelt thanks go to Ruth, who in the end accepted (though not with much enthusiasm) that I had to try and fly again.

Thanks to Kiwi (rt side) for his assistance


Weisshorn behind me
looking towards Engadin/ Piz Bernina
Weisshorn, the shadow of my glider is right over launch


More pictures on Flickr.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Yeah - I love this spirit!

If one stops doing what one loves one might be already dead.

Respect to Ruth - I can imagine this is not easy.

Nice flights and soft landings.