Monday, 19 August 2013

France -6: Moustiers / St.Geniez

Today (FRI) we got to Moustiers in time to catch the first shuttle (at 1045) going for the upper TO (Mt.Denier). Conditions were perfect, so we launched right away. Nice thermals brought us high above TO. Unfortunately South wind increased and made flying more difficult. I landed before 1300, as often between 1300-1600+ conditions can get pretty rough...


Lavender field
nice, very spacy TO
TO
Pano looking West

We didn't wait here for an evening flight but returned towards Vilhosc (Martin's place) and visited his home site: St.Geniez/ le Trainon. Martin immediately launched and found himself flying in strong thermals, I decided to wait for some mellower conditions.


on the way to St.Geniez
Lauch (top landing possible)
TO, le Trainon
LZ

When I finally launched, I found very nice conditions, 



but this thunderstorm over Sisteron (11km away) then 'killed' all the thermals and made me land.

No comments: