Tuesday, 20 August 2013

France -9: (Montlambert), Chamoux

TUE: I got up late as the forecast (Mistral) would not allow any flying. But at least her in Uriage it didn't seem very strong. I drove north towards Allevard (a site I had flown on the way down). At the office of the local school I was told that they were flying at Montlambert (about 1 hour away). On the way I passed the site of St.Hilaire


St.Hilaire-du-Touvet
Unfortunately I arrived at the LZ too late, as nobody was driving up to launch anymore. 
Montlambert
But I was told, that later in the afternoon the site of Chamoux should become good and a local pilot guided me there.

Just after having arrived at the LZ, a tandem company was driving to launch and they had a couple of spare seats...
Many tandems were taking of (and also toplanding), as well as 2 flight schools were sending their students off, so the Mistral definitifely didn't seem to be a danger anymore!
I could launch easily and had a nice, relaxing 1.5hr flight.


TO from above
TO (TOP landing posssible, even with tandems)
Pano looking west
LZ
LZ, looking north towards Albertville


This night I finally had the 'long awaited' Cote de Boeuf for dinner. Last week while staying with Martin and his girlfriend I didn't get a chance, as they both are not so much into meat ;-)  (The whole week I was teasing Martin with this subject...)


Cote de Boeuf

No comments: