Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Porzus (Attimis)

Unfortunately a thin layer of high altitude clouds prevented a better development of the thermals, but still Marco and I had a nice flight at Porzus, a small, relatively seldom flown site south of Gemona. Vittorio (who had developed the site) drove us there and also helped me launch.
Thanks Vittorio!!
The launch is rather small and the trees in front grow higher by the day...


Marco ready to launch



Marco over launch (the small village of Porzus is on the right)


local LZ in Attimis (sport field)
In the nice, smooth thermals I could climb to almost 1600m (1000m over launch) and started heading N towards Gemona. But unfortunately at Bernadia the flight was over after a good hour, as I had been unable to find any more decent thermals  :-((
Later the local pilots told me that today the thermals were to be found further out in the flats...


Bernadia

TO in Bernadia


LZ in Bernadia



As I'm presently flying my 'old' Axis Vega III, because I'm still not 'able' to launch the Rise 2 properly, I had Marco inflate this wing a few times and see, if he would detect somethin unusual - which he didn't. But he'll fly it tomorrow and do somemore checking...

No comments: