Friday, 15 May 2015

Lijac (SI)

In the morning the conditions looked rather bleak, so it was a very pleasant surprise when upon arriving at Lijac in Slovenia the sun burned some holes in this overcast and thermals started to develop. Again I flew my Axis Vega III...

above launch
Once past the hangliding ramp it was pretty easy going and I ended up with an average speed of over 24.5kmh - also a first.




Turnpoint east
landing area (Pizzeria Anja) (large filed in center of pix just 'below' highway)

It's extremely rare for me to be in the top ten of a daily XContest ranking - if it even ever happend so far (more than 200 flights entered)  ;-)

We ended the day  with an excellent dinner at the 'Bellevue' in Tarcento in the company of Arduino (aka Bimbo).

Unfortunately the wx fcst for the next few days calls for lots of rain, so I'm cutting my stay short and start heading home tomorrow.
But overall it has been a very succesful trip: 5 flying days, 5 different sites, whereof 2 new sites and a site last flown 21 years ago.
Furthermore meeting old firends again!

No comments: