Thursday, 3 September 2015

Lijac (SI)

Yesterday I didn't fly (though in the morning a sledder in Bassano should have been possible).
I had hoped to get to Lijac before the wx would get there, but contrary to all info I've had. it started to rain when I got to the IT-SLO border in Gorizia by 1300  :-((

Also for today I had little hope, but then Marco texted me that Lijac could be flyable.
So when I got there, I could see many pilots on launch (competitors for task 3 of the Serial Cup held this week in SLO) and I could hitch a ride with a flightschool from Berlin. Marco, doing transports for the comp, met me at the parking and kindly offered to carry my pack to launch.


"the window is open"

All he comp pilots were airborne in less than 30 minutes and then I could set up without pressure and launch.


task begins
launch
the longer the day, the better it got
LZ

This is the kind of flights I like most: in the morning you don't expect to fly at all, when you get to launch it's flyable but not very promising and in the end you make a very nice flight...

No comments: