Monday, 7 September 2015

Mangart, Lijac

The day started again with clear blue skies. Already last night Marco and I had decided to go to Mangart in Slovenia, even if there was a better than good chance that we would NOT be able to fly due to the persistent N-, NE-winds. So we left at 0800 for the 2.5hr drive up to Mangart.


Driving up; looking West into Italy; mount 'Kanin' sightly left of center
Marco
Looking East
looking South West

TO
LZ on the large meadow in center of pix
As we had suspected, it was still blowing too hard out of the North, so unfortunately I couldn't fly (but I'll be back one day!).
On the way back we checked if Kobala (Tolmin) was flyable, but we could see nobody in the air. Also in Lijac only a few pilots flew, so I deceided to move on, as I was to meet my friend Masa(hiro) from Japan in the evening at Pieve di Alpago.


'Kanal', Soca river (on the way back)

No comments: