Friday, 5 May 2017

Ager

With the lousy wx fcst for the next days (week?) I've decided at short notice to 'head south'...
So I flew to Barcelona (BCN) (Thursday), rented a car and drove to Ager.
Remark: as I have said to Ruth after having made my desicion: the wx in Switzerland will be thus much better than forecasted and in Spain worse ;-)  (> see also XContest for todays flights.)


on the way to ager (near Igualada)



puppies (near Balaguer)
When I got to Ager (around 1800) I saw some gliders, but it was too late to make it up the hill.
This morning then(Friday) started out pretty nice: according to the fcst there should have been (too?) much East-wind and no rain, but actually during the morning we got just little east wind and a little rain. Anyway, a group of French pilots took me up to Coll d'Ares, the main launch, explainig me the different TO- and landing- options along the way (- thanks Roland!). As conditions permitted a launch, I took the oppotunity for a first flight here in Ager. There was even some light thermal activity but the flight had to be cut short due to some spells of rain.  


Coll d'Ares
Link to webcam on launch.

almost tame fox
Later in the afternoon it was clearing up nicely, but remained too windy... So I visited all the launches and landings.
Overview of the area ( I hope I've  gotten all the names right)



No comments: