Wednesday, 27 September 2017

Bischling

When I got up, the sky was completely clear and soon the first gliders could be seen flying from Bischling (Werfenweng, Zaglau-AT). So -at least for me- I found myself unusually early on the way to the gondola ;-)
Excellent visibility/ views from the top!


Pano looking east over (SE-) launch: Tennengebirge
Pano looking west over (W-) launch: Hochkönig, Werfenweng



SE-launch
Bischling is also a very convenient PG-site: very short walks from the gondola to the different launches, although LZ is a little further from the gondola (as compared to Tannheim). Last time I was here in May'09 with Arnie F.
Wind blowing in straight, sometimes already a bit gusty; punchy/ small thermals and then (same as yesterday) the sun got blocked by clouds...


Tennengebirge
Zaglau: gondola station on the left; LZ middle of pix; Werfenweng upper right corner.
So I drove SE across the 'Tauerngebirge' towards Villiach/ Ossiachersee for my 'appointment' tomorrow...

No comments: