Unfortunately the gondola to the Weisshorn in Arosa had shut down last Sunday, even though some lifts (like Hörnlibahn) are kept running until tomorrow (15.5.) So I had chosen to go to Fanas. Basically a nice day; a little bit like the last flying day in Arosa: lots of high altitude (Cirrus) clouds in the beginning. BUT: lots of pilots, lots of snow on launch (Eggli) and very little headwind (mostly light tailwind)... Andy came with me and could launch with no tailwind. Already in the beginning I had my doubts about my ability to launch in these conditions.
Eggli
So after having waited quite a while and watching several failed launches (due to the high snow and/ or tailwind) I took the gondola down to 'Mast 4'. Here lots of Hangies were setting up, as this launch can be easily reached by car.
HG launch at 'mast 4' - Plandadein is the meadow at 12 o'clock in the pix
From here I walked to 'Plandadein', where there was no snow and even some nice head wind.
Plandadein
Plandadein
I had a pretty good launch but I expected only a short flight and a landing in Grüsch.
Eggli
But luckily I made it up to above 2000m and could finally land in Schiers, where I had parked my car :-))
No comments:
Post a Comment