Friday, 20 April 2018

Piemonte: Cavallaria-2

What a difference to yesterday! Whereas yesterday everything was 'hard work' and tiresome (even Pierandrea Patrucco said that only the first 2 hours had been 'fun', the rest just sh...t - so he landed at his home after 'only' 4 hours). Today on the other hand was a flying day right out of the 'picture book'!

Yesterday we launch from 'Cima Cavallaria' (1430m) around 1100; today from 'Manifestazione' (1390m) after 1300. This meant, that probably the wind on Cima Cavallaria would have been too strong...

'Manifestazione'
Also contrary to yesterday, where it took me 2hrs before I could climb in a thermal for a few hundert meters, today already the first thermal brought me to more than 500m above launch :-))

heading west towards 'Santa Elisabetta'
I atempted to fly West, hoping to make it to 'Santa Elisabetta'-launch, which I eventually did :-))

coming back...

So after a little more than 2 hours I was back at the LZ in 'Lessolo/ Calea'.
I consider this so far to be the best/ coolest/ nicest/ most interesting flight in 2018.

No comments: