Sunday, 18 November 2018

Arosa-Chur: autumn at its best

The day before (Sat) the conditions (wind speed/ direction) didn't look 'convincing', so I didn't even try to fly. But today (Sun) the ride up to the Weisshorn was well worth it: excellent visibility and good conditions for launching (at least for this mountain)  ;-)


Pano looking North towards Chur/ Calanda

As the cable car to the Weisshorn was one of only a few trams/ gondolas operating at this time of the year quite a few pilots had found their way to Arosa. But the mountain still was closed for skiers, so this posed no problem and we could lay out without 'restrictions'.

Webcam at 1150: I (centre of pix) launched shortly after 1200

Chur / Calanda
Chur, looking back to launch (Weisshorn)

Absolutely smooth conditions, though rather cold... In Chur the North wind blew with 15-20kmh.
After landing I had to walk less than 500m to the bus stop and could make the train back to Arosa with just a few minutes waiting time :-))

landing at 'Obere Au'

Even at 1500 several pilots were getting ready to launch (again).

Webcam at 1500



No comments: