Sunday, 17 February 2019

Arosa (more)

4 consecutive days with great weather... (actually even more, but I could only take advantage of 4).

Thursday: 3 flights - I can't rmember the last time I made 3 flights in Arosa on a single day. Nice -but weak- thermals: 1 flight lasted more than 50 mins :-)

Friday:3 flights: first flight very similar to yesterdays first flight, second flight - absolutely contrary to the forecast and my expectations: NADA!!! 3rd flight again to Chur ('playing' with my Alfapilot).

Erich
Langlaufloipe Maran: Marlies?


Saturday: my first flight here this year that lasted more than 1 hour (actually 1:32) and where I could climb (a little) above launch :-))  On the second flight - just an hour later - absolutely nothing.

Tschuggen Hotel: Spa by Mario Botta

Today also 'Fullmoonskiing' or for us: fullmoon flying:
Peter (Nold) and Andy (Schlegel) both had good lauches; I aborted twice and then packed up as the catabatic wind slowly got stronger. Many thanks to Marlies for her assistance!!


looking towards Arosa
But the trip up to the Weisshorn was well worth anyway: great views.

Sunday: only 1 flight: conditions much less favorable than yesterday :-((.
Then I started driving home early in order to pass the 'bottlenecks' before the traffic would jam there. So I got home without any problems, but lots of traffic already..


No comments: