Thermals often have been (too) weak, but also on some flights ok. I flew locally as well as to Chur (I landed at Domat/ Ems - lots of valley wind: close to 30kmh) and also to Langwies. There I arrived (surprinsingly) high enough, but the thermals have been very weak -almost non-existent- only strong enough for the eagle to climb away ;-)
| Chur |
| abm Felsberg, looking West towards Domat/ Ems |
| Medergen |
| Langwies |
Next day (Wednesday): finally really nice conditions! After having 'cruised' around
Arosa for almost an hour I decided to fly again to Langwies. Today I arrived much higher at 'Seta'. The thermal there was really strong, but I was unable to center it properly and it didn't feel confortable. So I headed away and found something much smoother/ more mellow near Pirigen. 2 or 3 more nice thermals brought me to Chur. I made the crossing over to 'Calanda', but knew, that I wouldn't find anything useable there. Landing at my 'favorite' spot in Masans, just 2 minutes from the bus stop...
| Langwies / Seta |
![]() |
| over Pirigen |
![]() | |||
Montalin: Chur, Calanda
|
Thursday, my last day in Arosa in February: quite some wind in the forecast, as well as actually also on the Säntis and Weissfluh. Fortunately conditions on the Weisshorn still permitted an easy (forward) launch direction Sattelhütte. Some very nice thermals, but also lots of sink at the same position just 10mins later...
![]() |
| about 2750m |
![]() |
| Arosa's ski area seen from Schafrügg |




No comments:
Post a Comment