Saturday, 14 November 2020

Alp Scheidegg, Arosa

Thursday: Half an hour of 'autmn' soaring at Alp Scheidegg (with toplanding). Just caught the right 'window', as before the wind was a bit too strong for me and later it was dying...

Säntis
Lake of Zurich
Mythen


Friday: looking pretty promising. As luck would have it, I didn't have to wait even a minute at 'Hüebli', where I had parked my car, before another pilot stopped and offered me a ride :-))) Thanks Fritz!! 

But It turned out that conditions were quite different to yesterday: wind more westerly and less consistent. Just a few pilots could make longer flights; most just concentrated on groundhandling...

After having enjoyed the sun for a while I was (again) lucky to catch a ride back to my car...

Saturday: short 'excursion' to Arosa: by car to Chur and then by train. Suprisingly nice thermals at Weisshorn :-))

(Webcam)

above Weisshorn (at 2950m)

Chur (Werner)

Chur: historic city

Thanks to PeterW for helping on launch and WernerG for the ride back to my car!

Sunday: too much Föhn in the fcst :-(  That's also the reason why I didn't take my car to Arosa and stay there overnight.


No comments: