Sunday, 7 March 2021

Arosa - 2 days

Saturday: the RegTherm didn't look very promising... and the first flight has been accordingly: just an extended sledder. So for the second flight I didn't have high hopes. But after half an hour of weak thermals the day got better :-)) Landing after 1h20', as I wanted to make another flight.


Isla

 

By chance my approach/ landing was filmed by Igor and his drone (many thanks!!):

Unfortunately a very 'typical' Taggi-landing ;-)

For the third flight I launched shortly before 1600, which is rather late for early March. But luckily thermal activity hadn't stopped yet and I could even cross towards 'Tjierflue', 'Medergen' and 'Seta' (and trying to get back).

above 'Langwies': 'Seta', 'Fondei'

Medergen 

But by now (1645) thermal activity had almost stopped so I couldn't make it back to Arosa and had to land in 'Litzirüti' (near the train station).

Sunday: as the RegTherm looked much better, I've had hopes of making some good flights...

BUT: contrary to all forecasts (even those from the very morning) clouds arrived much earlier than predicted :-(

Therefore I launched without great expectations, but already the first thermal over Tschuggen got me to above 3100m and I could glide back to Weisshorn to take some pix.

Weisshorn

Then back to the same thermal; at 3000m I decided to glide towards Langwies/ Seta (as yesterday). There I could climb to 2800m which was enough to get me back Arosa. 

Pano over Langwies
 

The thermal at Seta is rather reliable and strong, but never a 'nice' one ;-) Coming back to Maran (at 2000m) it would have been possible to get high again as there was lift almost anywhere.

> Immagine how the day could have been without all these clouds which certainly dampend the thermal activity...

No comments: