Wednesday, 21 July 2021

Fiesch

Finally some nice wx in the fcst ;-)

Sunday evening after dinner I departed for Fiesch picking up Andy along the way.

Monday: great weather, but a) the gondola Fiesch-Fiescheralp suffered a technical problem and was not running for several hours; b) the NE-wind (Bise) was strong than I had anticipated so in the end we didn't fly. Instead some sightseeing: hanging bridge (at Fürgangen) and Binntal.



For dinner I tried the local speciality 'Cholera' (-funny name, but nothing to do with the illness.)

Tuesday: Much better (wind) conditions!

Schwarzes Männertreu (Nigritella rhellicani aggr.)

Great flying conditions with cloudbase >= 3700m :-) I headed East until Sidelhorn (near Grimselpass) where I turned around. Back to Fiesch-Kühboden (launch) and landing in Niederwald close to where I had parked my car. I cant't remember ever having flown so fast here: average 24.5 kmh for the 44.5km.

Fiescherglacier / Finsteraarhorn

Pano looking North: Finsteraarhorn (left)

Pano looking East towards Grimselpass
 
Wednesday: conditions looked similarily well. I had a good launch and reached cloudbase unusally quickly. But after the crossing to Bellwald: where ever I went looking for thermals: (almost) nothing! After 45' I landed (again) in Niederwald...


Pano looking East towards Bellwald

Niederwald

No comments: