Yesterday and today (Thursday/ Friday) have been very similar. strong thermal conditions in the forecast, but not the westerly wind component. I took the 10 o'clock shuttle to launch and we stopped at Stella, Tapetti and (on Thur) even at Casette, but nowhere it looked really nice. It would have been launchable in all 3 places (and many pilots also launched), but I decided to ride the shuttle back down. Instead of waiting on launch for the conditions to improve I preferred to spend at least some of the waiting time at the local Gelateria ;-)
Thursday afternoon: going up to launch (Stella) at 1400. I had a really nice launch, but didn't find good lift, thus landing (too) quickly :-( But the second flight from Stella (launching shortly after 1700) was really making up for the day: nice thermals/ restitution and climbs to >1800m; landing at 1840 (and by far not the last one).
![]() |
| Stella Alpina -launch |
| Bassano del Grappa |
| Semonzo: PG landings |
Friday afternoon: in the end I decided to ride up only with the 1600-shuttle, as this has proved yesterday to be a really good decision and hope for similar (smooth) conditions... Unfortunately -even though the conditions in the morning had been very similar to yesterday's- in the afternoon it has not been the same: whereas yesterday my launch was helped by a nice little headwind, today I had to be happy not to have a tailwind... Despite this, I had a (very) good no-wind-launch, but in the air there was very little thermal activity left - at least for the pilots who had just launched. 20' I was back on 'terra firma' ;-)


No comments:
Post a Comment