Tuesday (12.4.) Normally, with almost 7hpa south-overpressure you wouldn't even think of going up to the Weisshorn, but at altitude there was virtually no wind. Ok, down in the typical Föhn valleys (like Chur), there has been some wind, but nowhere as strong as with a 7hpa pressure differential 'normally' would be expected...
| excellent visibility: Engadin: Piz Palü, Bellavista, Piz Bernina |
Wednesday/ Friday: no more Föhn in the fcst ;-) Nice thermals with Tops > 3100m; sometimes really strong.
| overflying launch (Weisshorn, 2640m) |
I have been flying with my (new) Skytraxx4.0: it's incredible how excellent the readability of the color display is. They are using a technology for the display which makes it the better readable the brighter it is (normally it's the other way around: Naviter's Oudie, Handys etc). There are still a couple of things I'm not yet familiar with and also some features, which on other instruments are much better implemented. I've already written several mails to Skytraxx in this respect, but obviously they don't like suggestions for improvements, as my mails are never answered; not even their receipt is acknowledged :-(
![]() |
| again looking towards Engadin (at 3100m) |
All these days I have been flying with the harness from Flugsau, as my Sup'Air EVO harness is with Andrè, who is going to lower the attachment points, so I can better reach up. My impression is that (at the moment) I can better take-off with the Flugsau harness (easier running), but in-flight I prefer the harness from Sup'Air - especially if the flights last > 1hr.

No comments:
Post a Comment