Thursday, 1 June 2023

Scuol (1.6.) / (6.6)

1.6. promising fcst...


webcam at 0715, when I departed home...
...and that's what it looked like upon my arrival at 1100.

According to XCtherm it should have been 'pretty good' until about 13z (burnair.map showed about the same). But already when I arrived on launch at Motta Naluns shortly before 09z much more clouds had been present.



So I flew for about 1/2 hour, then landed at Scuol - just 'a little' disappointed about the 'wrong fcst'/ my (mis)interpretation of the fcst. But others have fallen also into the same 'trap'...


2.6. 'slightly' frustrated when I look at today's webcam pix and the fcst...

Webcam at 1655 - still little clouds, no OD...

On XContest there is a really cool flight from Motta Naluns to Fiesch.


6.6. another attempt, but (again) too much humidity :-(
As long as there has been sunshine, thermals have been active, but as soon as the sun was blocked by clouds: 'game over'...


...apparently conditions improved 2 hours later - but I'm not really well know for having so much patience ;-)

No comments: