Daytrip by train (Fehraltorf - ZRH HB - Solothurn - Oberdorf) to Weissenstein with a promising fcst / RegTherm.
At the beginning of the flight I've had some problems climbing above 1200m. In the lower airlayers the East-wind (Bise) was stronger than predicted and sometimes while circling ground speed fell to 0kmh. For a moment I have been even thinking of landing... Once breaking through 1500m and above the ridges it became much easier...
![]() |
| Pano looking West |
When I was about to pass Courtelary clouds started to get 'darker'. Turning back towards launch probably would have been possible flying very (!) close to cloud base, but down lower the NE-wind was too strong, so I landed at Courgémont. Meanwhile PeterW had also landed (near Tavannes). Approaching my landing field I have 'touched' the edge of the AD zone of Courtelary :-)
| Corgémont looking West |
As I was walking to the nearby train station of Corgémont, a car stopped and invited my to take me to Biel/ Bienne (main station); it turned out that the driver was also a PG pilot - many thanks! Peter has arrived at the same time by train.
Back home (same way by train), arriving at 1645 :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment