Sunday, 14 April 2024

Arosa

Today has been the last day of this year's winterseason; the gondola will start running again on 8. June (until 20.October). The fcst had predicted increasing SW-winds, but when I arrived on launch wind speeds had been already rather high, so I made only 1 launch attempt, as the wind had been too gusty. (Many thanks to Marlies and PeterN for your assistance!)

We (Marlies, PeterN and I) then have spent the next 2 hours sitting in the restaurant and chatting about the past and upcoming season. Surprisingly, in the meantime the wind had dropped to really acceptable levels (contrary to all predictions!), so we all could launch.

the three (all Leeloo!) of us setting up (pix by webcam)
The wait has been really worthwile, with thermals permitting climbs to 3000m, from where the view has been fantastic. I flew via Medergen to Langwies/ Seta, but here I couldn't find a good thermal, something that is rather unusual; back again via Medergen for a landing after 1.5hrs on the golf course. 
Weisshorn
looking S towards Engadin: Palü, Bellavista, Bernina, Rosegg
that's when I took the above picture
Medergen
Pano near Langwies/ Seta looking SW: Arosa
Maran/ Golfplatz

Timing has been perfect: after having packed my gear and walked to the bus station I had only to wait 5' for the bus to arrive :-)




No comments: