Sunday, 3 November 2024

Arosa

Pano on Weisshorn looking NE-E-SE

Sat/ Sun (2./3.11.) Until the start of the winter skiing season the cable car to Weisshorn is running every weekend ('Novemberhoch') and with this excellent wx I went to Arosa to take advantage of this opportunity. On both days I could make a flight with my recently modified Leeloo 2L.

Sat: I had wanted to fly to Chur; when I had arrived on Weisshorn, the wind there has been almost nil. When I finally launched (I had 2*RTOs) - thanks to Steph and Björn for their help in untangling my lines! - and arrived over Maladers, my Skytraxx showed a wind of NE 25/ G31 in Chur. Therefore I decided to land in Maladers.

my LZ in Maladers
...getting a bit too close for comfort to this tree ...

I wanted to catch a ride down to Chur in order to take 
the train back up to Arosa. Marlies and Fabienne have seen me standing there, stopped and took me all the way to my appartement in Arosa - MANY THANKS!

Sun: the temp has been a bit more promising than the day before, so it has been possible to climb about 100m above launch :-) But again 1*RTO :-( - with Andy (Schlegel's) help I was quickly ready for a second attempt - thanks a lot!


About the wing: I haven't done any manoeuvres on those 2 flights, but the performance when flying (1/2) accelerated seems to be really great...


No comments: