Also for the next 2 weeks, the high pressure has been dominating, at least on the weekends, when the cable car in Arosa has been running.
 |
| Pano on Weisshorn looking NE |
Sat, 9.11. A flight to Chur with some weak thermals at the Weisshorn. In Chur (again) rather windy (20/ g27).
Sun, 10.11. flyable, but I had problems launching (the last attempt resulted in a big 'line mess'); in addition, after having watched 2 'not so nice' launches, I decided not to fly...
 |
...it took quite some time to untangle this mess - not as easy and quick as some youtube videos make you believe. - thank you Andy for your help! |
 |
| the bears at the bear sanctuary also seemed to enjoy the nice conditions |
Sat, 16.11. First flight to Arosa, landing in Isla. Surprisingly good thermal above Tschuggen, which allowed for an altitude gain of about 250m :-)
 |
| some slopes already being prepared for winter.. |
 |
| 'Miramunt' |
Second flight to Chur in rather strange conditions. Until about 200m/ gnd there has been a pronoinced valley wind (around 20+kmh); but the wind turbine at Trimmis was turning only very slowly and as I got closer to landing, it actually stopped and was slowly turning to indicate SW-Wind...
 |
| Montalin |
 |
| coming back from Chur: full moon over 'Obersee' in Arosa |
Sun, 17.11. I've been on the Weisshorn, but didn't like the wind, so I didn't fly...
No comments:
Post a Comment