For the last 3 days I have been groundet due to a 'conjungivitis' (Bindehautentzündung) of my left eye. It had started in the early hours of Thursday (30.1.). Luckily there is an ophtalmologist (Augenarzt) in Los Christianos, where I had received an appointment the same morning. He prescribed some eye-drops to be taken 3 times/ day for a week and the consult with my eye doctor at home. Contrary to the same problem I had while visiting Japan in 2019, the drops had an immediate effect and every day the eye hurt less when exposed to (bright) light. Yesterday I had accompanied Hartmut for a flight from Taucho - as a 'test' in order to see how my eye would 'take' bright sunshine.
![]() |
| Taucho: Hartmut launching his 'oldtimer' (Wings of Change) |
As everything felt (close to) normal this morning (Sun, 2.2.), I decided to make the last flight during this year's visit. It turned out to be a short flight, as the thermals have been rather weak... Actually I had wanted to land at 'Bahia Principe', the LZ closest to our appartement, but the stronger than expected headwind made me choose an intermediate LZ.


No comments:
Post a Comment