Probably the last flight of this year's winter season in Arosa. I arrived early on the mountain with the intention to just make an extended sledder trying out a few things I had read the day before in the freshly released LeelooX manual. But with very little wind on the NE slope I had to try 3 times before finally managing a decent launch (also in almost nil wind) ; -) Many thanks to Hampa and Joel for helping me relaunching!
Unfortunately by the time I finally made it off the mountain, the originally blue sky had started to be (temporarily) covered by cirrus clouds, which partially blocked the thermals.
![]() |
| one-sided collapse - but the wing almost doesn't turn away... |
![]() |
| big ears on the rh side - unspectacular |
In both manoeuvers the wing showed very little tendency to turn towards the closed side and it's even possible to steer/ turn away from the collapse. But in either manoeuvre there is room for improvements, ie to make the ears / collapse bigger...
The flight has ended with a good landing on the golf course/ nordic track.
I went up to the Weisshorn again, but decided not to launch, as the wind on neither launch provided a clear head wind component.![]() |
| Urs and PeterN getting ready for another flight - and the cirrus clouds had disappeared... |
I'm slowly feeling more confident and comfortable with my wing and I'm looking forward to the iCamp supposed to start on 5th of April in Levico, where I hope to fine tune all these manoeuvers with Michael's help; especially: so far I have not managed to make (big) ears simultaneosly on both sides, as my lh hand doesn't reach high enough, but I'm hoping Michael will have an idea ;-)




No comments:
Post a Comment