Tuesday evening (5.8.) I arrived in Fiesch -starting with a nice fondue for dinner, a treat I can only indulge when I'm alone, as Ruth is intolerant to most dairy products. It has been very difficlt to find a halfway reasonably priced accommodation, as due to a running event this week hotels have been mostly sold out, so also my 'usual' accommodation at Niederwald - I ended up in Bellwald: a nice place, everything allright - just a bit pricey.
Wed (6.8.) I hadn't slept well (due to backpain I had to take some medication); and carrying my pack didn't help either - so more pain killers. All this meant, that I didn't feel all to well in flight; so I landed after about 45' at Niederwald, where I had parked my car.
![]() |
| ...but at least I got high enough to see the Aletsch-glacier ;-) |
Thu (7.8.) The day looked much better with clear skies and some nice clouds.
![]() |
| ...view from the balcony of my room: Kühboden / Eggishorn |
I had a nice flight (lasting close to 2 hrs) going East to about 'Baschi' and landing at Niederwald. (Rob, whom I met on launch, had a great flight and landed Flims: congrats!)
![]() |
| ...crossing to Bellwald... |

Fri (8.8.) I woke up to a completely blue sky - and it remaind without any clouds while I have been flying.
![]() |
| 'Weisshorn' at sunrise |












No comments:
Post a Comment