Tuesday, 2 September 2025

IT -Abruzzen -Travel (Montrago/ Massanera, Norma)

I left home on Sun, 31.Aug, but got 'stopped' in front of the Gotthard tunnel for close to an hour :-(( Later the driving to Regello (between Florence and Arezzo) has been easy (being Sunday, just very little lorries).


After checking-in at Agriturismo i Millepini, I drove to the LZ for Massanera/ Regello, hoping to meet some local pilots - but no luck.

i Millepini looking W-NW
LZ in Regello
nice tagliata...

Mon, 01.9. The fcst called for quite some wind; which in the end had not been correct... and being the first day after the 'Ferragosto' (general summer holiday in Italy), nobody showed up for flying

I checked out the launches of Massanera and Montrago/ Praticino. Flying would have been possible, but there has been no way how I could have gotten my car back down from the mountain(s) :-(

Massanera - looking West
Montrago/ Praticino
Montrago/ Praticino

Later I drove to San Vinceno a Torri, where Luciano (which I had met in 1978,while studing Italian in Florence for 2 month) had invited me for dinner together with his son.

Tue (2.9.) Heavy rain with thunder and lightning in the morning (causing even a power outage for about 30'). I drove to Norma (South of Rome). As I had hoped, the wx improved, but it remaind too windy for a flight here. Maybe tomorrow morning before driving to Gioia dei Marsi... where I'll be joining then the iCamp in the late afternoon.

Artena
Norma
'Antica Norba' not only the Incas knew how to cut stones...
Pano looking West
huge TO with allows for easy toplanding




No comments: