Friday, 24 July 2026

Bezau (Leeloo Treff) 24.7.2026

Fri (24.7.) At 1000we met at the landing in Andelsbuch the Leeloo Group. I have driven with  Roger, who lifes nearby; he has also an appartement in Arosa and 1985 flying Hanggliders, bevor switching to PG a vew years later. He wanted to fly a LeelooX (S).

looking S: Diedamskopf on the far left side)

The launch on 'Niedere' took me a little than 30' with a climb of 100m: just about the limit for me of carrying my gear... The wind still came-in due South and permitted a good TO. The themals at times have been a bit bumpy.
looking ENE: launch on 'Nieder'

over gondola station looking East towards launch on 'Niedere'
looking NE towards Andelsbuch-launch (about middle of pix)
Bezau (looking ENE) towards landing (middle of pix)

After about 1.2hrd I landed in Bezau. When I loaded my gear into my car a lokal school pilot told me that after 1100 (!) one shouldn't be landing here anymore as it could be very dangerous (wind...). Michael, Gudrun and I couldn't really understand this 'warning' as the whole afternoon the conditions have been really easy to land hera; certainly easier than the landing at Andelsbuch (where I should have landed instead.),; but the wind there came downhill...
My only flight here before has been on 1.11.1993 ;-) and I think these 2 flights remain the only onces here: especially as the cable car from Andelsbuch has been closed in 2023. Everything is a bit cumbersome: transportation, hike to launch (for me), landings that are said be tricky.





No comments: