Sunday, 7 August 2011

Day 16 -Hurricane, Graff's Peak

Originally, Stacy had planned to fly Graff's Peak in the morning and then continue to Hurricane (this would also have been the more 'logical' way), but due to predicted winds we went to Hurricane first. Just as we arrived on launch, another flat tire...

Stacy launched first and found a nice thermal so he could come back and topland.
I launched next and could soar for about 30 minutes, but the thermals became more inconsistent and in the end I landed not far from my car. I guess that it just was too hot for good thermals to devellop.


So then we drove North to Graff's Peak (my second new site on this trip).
We might have arrived a little late for really good xc-flying, but still all had a good flight; Junko made it to Parowan - congrats!



looking South towards Kolob Cyn

No comments: