Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Utah -Day 14 -Mt.Edna

After a lousy night (after having received the notice of my best friends accident and death in his beloved mountains), Stacy, Shuji and Junko (from Japan) and I headed up Mt.Edna.



Cloudbase was just above the antennas and the wind from SW. After quite a long time considering if I should fly at all, I finally took off and flew out Cottonwood Cyn and landed at the interstate.

Shortly after,

Shuji and Junku
landed there as well.

While we were still packing up Terry arrived. He lives right next to the LZ in Marysvale and had seen us place a windsock there and then head up the mountains. Later he saw us fly out, but not towards the LZ. So he figured there might possibly something wrong, took his car and followed us to where we landed.
Hey Terry, that was awfully thoughtful and kind of you, and probably my quickest retrieve ever!
We had been back to our cars faster than Stacy could drive from Edna.

No comments: