Wednesday, 21 September 2011

12 days PG with Arnie & Koba -2: Gemona

Wednesday saw us in Gemona. Nicole had arranged transportation to Mte Guarnan, the local TO for XC-flights. She launched early, didn't like the conditions (too much east-wind) and toplanded again. An hour later, the conditions had improved quite a bit. Arnie launched first, then after some problems it was my turn and finally Koba. Nicole couldn't fly with us, as she had set-up a special tandem flight with a friend of hers and Arduino. She would tandem with her friend, who would then 'jump' with his parachute from the glider while Aruino was taking pictures...

Nicole

Arnie approaching the IT-SLO boarder

abm 'Kobarid' looking East towards'Krn'

Arnie and I flew together until Tolmin, from where I could fly back to 'Stol' and the SLO-IT boarder, whereas Arnie (being much lower) finally landed exactly in the same spot as hed did on his last flight here with me -I think he must have a SLO girlfriend there ;-)
I tried twice to overfly the SLO-It boarder, but the West component was too strong and we had lot too much time before launching while waiting for the conditions to improve. So I turned back (East) and glided as far as I could. This resulted in my longest flight this year (so far): 110kms with a very good average speed (for me).

XContest print-out for 14.9.11
:-))

No comments: