Friday, 13 June 2014

Ebenalp & USA


After having come back from SCO just a few days ago, now the time to prepare for the upcoming (PG) trip to the US has come. I took also advantage of a flyable morning to get airborne after 'being abstinent' for almost 6 weeks and to check my equipment. I was able to fly at 'Ebenalp' for almost an hour before it started getting dark and I couldn't tell for sure anymore if there were CBs develloping or not.



---------------------------------------------------------

PG USA 2014, 23.6. - 18.7.  Seattle to Denver





This map shows the approximative itinerary we have planned. Of course it all depends on the weather and is therefore subject to modification(s).
I'm travelling with my friend Andy (Schumacher) and Stacy (Whitmore from UT), which has guided me on my previous trips to UT in '08, '09 and '11, agreed to be our guide.
Along the roag from SEA (Seattle) to DEN (Denver) there are some of the best flying sites of the west: Tiger Mtn, Chelan (we'll take part in the XC Classic), Mt.Baldy (Sun Valley), King Mtn and Jackson just to name the most prominent.
Departure is set for MON, 23.June, with British (BA): ZRH-LHR-SEA, where we're sopposed to arrive in late afternoon and hook up with Stacy at the car rental agency. For the first few days we'll stay in SEA to acclimate and get over the jet lag...

Pictures (as usual) can be found on my flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/taggi/sets/72157645161192345/
The links for the tracks (InReach) you'll find on the right side.

No comments: