Tuesday, 24 June 2014

LHR-SEA

B777-300
Luckily, the onward flight to Seattle was uneventful; a late departure due to some missing pax (whose luggage had to be unloaded), but with a short flight time of only 9 hrs arrival still almost  on schedule.
my seat :-))
Ireland (?)
Unfortunately, the flight information part of the inflight entertainement system was not working, so I was unable to located our position when taking pictures (therefore the '?').


Main course
Canada -plaines (?)
Mt.Rainier (descending into SEA)
We met Stacy at the National rental car counter in SEA and after waiting a while for our car to be ready, we started driving South: the forcast shows the best chances for flying on Tue, Wed in Woodrat (near Medford, OR, just north of the CA border). Thu, Fri look unpromising everywhere, so we'll use these dyas for travelling north again to Chelan for the XC Country Classic starting next Sun.
Sunset (driving towards Portland)

At 2330lt (0830SLT) we finally checked into a motel just south of the WA border (Vancouver, OR). I was glad Stacy had been driving: I had to catch some sleep during the drive (Andy as well)...

No comments: