Thursday, 17 July 2014

Bellyache Ridge (CO)

Yesterday afternoon, it overdevelloped as forecast and we had a short tunderstorm with soft hail.
No flying in the evening off Lookout Mtn, but a nice sunset...
Stacy invited us to a 'real' American BBQ restaurant - thanks!


Sunset in Glenwood Springs
Wed: even if it didn't look very promising, we (Stacy and I) left early for Bellyache Ridge near Vail. Andy was going to fly Red Mtn here in Glenwood Springs.
Without any (!) paperwork we got a ride up to launch, but the winds were already out of the west. After a while all tandem pilots packed up.


looking east towards Vail
LZ (seen from launch)
So only Jim, Stacy and I were left. After about 30min, there were a few short cycles, which permitted Jim and Stacy to launch, When I was finally ready to go, only increasing tailwind...
TS in the afternoon.


Holiday home on Bellyache ridge

Tomorrow is supposed to look better - at last on paper...

No comments: