Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Disentis -5: PWC Task 4

Today a task of  > 100km was set. Right after the briefing the pilots could start after being weighted. Contrary to the previous days cloudbase was already pretty right from the start.

Results can be found here. Joze Molek (SLO), which stays with us in the appertment came in third today!




queuing for weight check





just above launch
Shortly after the last comp pilots had taken off, tailwind started to blow down the launch and we already thought 'that was it for today'. But luckily, after a while thermals started to push trough again and with PeterW's help (THANKS!!) I was finally able to launch as well.
In the first thermal I cought I could climb from 2100m to 3400m.
The Peter and I headed west towards Oberalp pass, but contrary to him I only found sink (up to 5m/s) in the region of Sedrun and was forecd to land in pretty 'unnice' conditions (Nord wind?).
Landing with sinkalarm ON all the way to the ground and almost no forward speed :-((
Back to Disentis by train...


PeterW
Oberalpstock


No comments: